Clear all

Female Leadership in The Workplace

13 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
James52
(@james52)
Topic starter

Female led relationships have intrigued me for decades.  But even before the term “FLR” was coined, the ascendency of women in leadership positions in society we’re on the rise.  Today, women are represented among the leadership of most large businesses and their numbers are growing.

I work for what was once a very traditional mid-sized business.  When I began my career over two decades ago, there were no women in senior leadership positions.  Today, three of the top six executives in my company are women.  One of these women is in line for the CEO position when our current leader retires.  In addition to senior leadership, women hold most of the top positions in our accounting and finance, HR and marketing groups.  

This change has occurred quickly over the past 8-10 years.  I also find that today most men are very comfortable working for these women. The stereotypes of men being resentful or or unwilling to be lead by a woman in the workplace are rare.  Younger men, 20-35, actually seem to be the most accepting of this new leadership dynamic.  And a few of these younger men with whom I’m better acquainted are, I believe, in some sort of female led relationship at home.  One of these younger men whom I know daily well, is married to a lawyer, who is also the primary breadwinner in their relationship.  This man stays home with the kids when they are sick, drops them off at school and often says “I’ll need to ask [his wife]” when there is even the smallest decision to make.  

Emma is breaking new ground with this blog, which focuses mostly on male chastity and FLRs in the context of personal relationships.  But, it is also interesting to observe the rapid shift in the workplace to female leadership.  The question that I ask is “could the growing FLR dynamic in personal relationships be on a parallel track in the workplace”?  That is, are women discovering and exercising their authority in personal relationships because they have experienced a newfound empowerment in their careers?  Or, are women growing more confident in pursuing leadership in their professional lives as a result of their taking charge in their personal relationships?  It’s also important to recognize that men’s attitudes are also changing.  We are taking on new roles in our relationships and in the workplace, roles that are secondary to our female partners and bosses.  “It takes two” as the saying goes.  So, men are necessarily empowering their partners and female colleagues in this effort.

Those who participate in this forum certainly welcome this new dynamic in the workplace.  A few men like me may also wonder if male leadership in business, government and in other professional roles will soon be the exception instead of what was recently the norm.  How will this further affect the number of FLRs and societies acceptance of women leading in the home and workplace?  Will we see the paradigm shift so far as reverting back to the stereotypical household of the 50’s, except now women are almost exclusively the leaders in the home and are the primary or sole breadwinner?  What do you think?

Advertisement

Posted : 14/08/2021 8:02 am
Lil C
(@lil-c)
Trusted Member

It's inevitable.  You're in the US.  Women have outnumbered men in US law schools and as new lawyers for almost 20 years.  Women outnumber men in medical schools and as new doctors.  There are a few fields in which men still dominate involving technology and engineering, but the unmistakable trend in the US for decades now is a glaring educational achievement gap, with girls and women vastly outperforming boys and men.  Girls are far more likely to finish high school than boys are.  Women earn more undergraduate degrees than men do.  Women earn more graduate and professional degrees than men do.  

It's only a matter of time, and not much time, before women hold most of the board seats and senior leadership positions in large companies based in the US.  In my decades of professional work, I had just as many excellent women as bosses as I have had men who were good bosses.  In management positions I've held, I've always had women subordinates who were well positioned to compete to take over my position when I moved on.

Posted : 14/08/2021 11:20 am
Spankandblow
(@spankandblow)
Eminent Member

It is interesting how a discussion of female led relationships turns into a broader discussion about the role of women as leaders in society.  I personally think these kinds of discussions are often a distraction because there is a misunderstanding of how BDSM actually works.  If anything, the growing power and prestige of women in the workforce will lead to more female submissives.  People in positions of power often enjoy submitting to the gender which they prefer sexually or romantically in bed.  Being in charge of others is tiring and sometimes it feels good to flip the dynamic behind closed doors.  I think 50 Shades of Grey was appealing because the baby boomer and Gen X women who were its biggest fans were mostly financially successful women in their careers.  Sure, the protagonist is a sociopathic ultra rich asshole, but sometimes women enjoy fantasizing about being the slaves of these kinds of men.  Why do you think some women will prostrate themselves before athletes, politicians, musicians, and other rich, famous and powerful men -- who often don't care one whit about them?  Power and prestige are still powerful aphrodisiacs even if you're a powerful woman yourself.

I think the ideal woman for an FLR is actually the stay at home mom with a hard driving financially successful male partner.  Turning the tables helps her to feel more powerful knowing her little man is coming home to please her pussy and serve her as she has served his children.  I think most women would get off on that if they had agreed to subvert career for family.  Knowing his cock is locked helps to heal the power dynamic which has existed for a long time.  Some men will be willing to do it and I think it will create good vibes for some relationships.  But I don't really think the growing power and prestige of women in business is actually going to lead to the outcomes others are predicting.  In fact many of the women I meet online are going through divorces where their husbands cleaned them out because they were the wealthier partner.  The power dynamic has already shifted and many women are leaning more toward being subs in bed.  I think the women who are the quiet submissives in public are the ones who really would enjoy locking their men, pegging them, dominating them in various ways and all the other things Emma and other female dominant personalities have discussed.

Posted : 14/08/2021 11:52 am
James52
(@james52)
Topic starter

@spankandblow 

You make a good point that some - males or females - who wield power and authority in their careers do enjoy giving up control as a release.  I know that many men fit this description.

But, I know several women who are type A at work and also project the same dominant personality in their personal relationships.  Although I haven’t asked them what they do in the bedroom, observing the way they interact with their partners and SOs in non-career settings suggests that they still like to be in control.  

I have a sister-in-law who is a high-level consultant, not married, because she has not found a man who is “comparable.”  She’s all but told my wife that she wants a man to stay at home with the kids and take care of the household so that she can continue in her career.  She likes to be in control and control those in her sphere of influence (professionally, socially and family).  I don’t see her turning that off when she gets home from the office. 

Of course, this is all very much anecdotal.  No two people are the same.  We will just need to see how the trends develop.  

Posted : 14/08/2021 12:34 pm
Spankandblow
(@spankandblow)
Eminent Member

@james52 Your SIL sounds like a person who may be looking for a unicorn or simply isn't really the type who should be married.  If she hasn't found someone comparable, that may be because Type A men who are successful, single consultants are not likely to want to be Mr. Mom.  As far as whether women who are both Type A and dominant in bed exist, sure.  My experiences with those women is they marry younger men and then end up in eternal jealousy because their glory days are fading and their young stud is no longer devoted.  Think Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.  

Posted : 14/08/2021 1:12 pm
Brian
(@brian)
Estimable Member

Perhaps part of the reason for dom at work, sub in the bedroom, is due to the why they are dom or sub in the first place.

The people I know who are truly one way or the other are that way all the time quite naturally. Its not a lot of work, its just who they are.

On the other hand, people I know who are dom as a way of dealing with past trauma do find it tiring and do switch in the bedroom. Same is true in the inverse.

I know for me my dom or subbyness had changed over the years fairly dependent on dealing with past baggage.

Posted : 14/08/2021 1:40 pm
James52
(@james52)
Topic starter

@spankandblow 

Ha!  Sorry… that was a typo.  I intended to write “compatible” not “comparable.”  Nonetheless,  you are exactly right in that my sister-in-law does seek a guy who is an outgoing Type-A.  She just wants to be the alpha in the relationship.  She talks like she very much wants to be married.  She’s just not willing settle.  
Not sure how many other women have this same criteria, but you may be right in that they are unicorn hunting.

My point is really this:  I think there are fewer men today that want to be the alpha in a relationship. How many men were raised by their mothers, without their father present in the household or even in their lives? Young men today have been taught in many ways that women are strong and capable, that the woman does not “need them.”  Women too have been taught the same lessons.  This is why I think we are seeing a shift in roles and that women will eventually be leading in the home, in the workplace and in government…. Andrew Cuomo as the most recent example of a long list of other irresponsible and unfaithful male political leaders are showing the world that its time for a woman to step in.  And we see this as well.  Look how many women hold public office, at all levels.  

it would be good to hear what the ladies think about this subject. This is just my opinion formed by casual observation and conjecture.  

Posted : 14/08/2021 1:44 pm
Spankandblow
(@spankandblow)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @james52

@spankandblow 

its time for a woman to step in.  

I really wanted to like Kamala Harris, but so far disappointment.  I mean I like what she represents, but she just doesn't seem ready to take the reins.  And I say that as a person who was not a fan of the previous admin either.

I am curious to hear women's take on this issue as it relates to the future of FLRs.  Total disclosure:  I am not a male sub, so my opinions my come across as a little offensive to some.  I support Emma's work 100%.  I think she's a very smart cookie.  I train women and I recognize talent even if she and I come from opposite poles of D/s play.

Posted : 14/08/2021 2:01 pm
James52, James52 and James52 reacted
James52
(@james52)
Topic starter

@spankandblow 

You make a great point!  I’m not approaching this from a progressive or conservative political standpoint.  But, I see Kamala Harris as the opposite of a strong leader.  If you can believe what we read, she built her political career not on her own merit, but rather who she was sleeping with.  It reminds me of the character Demi Moore played in the movie Disclosure.  In the end, it was the mother who stepped in as the leader and dominant character in the movie.  The Michael Douglass character respected the latter, not the former.  

Politics may not be the best example to use.  I think most people (men and women) with good judgement stay away from politics.  We need better than what we have today - Ds and Rs, male and female.  Maybe the Libertarians can recruit strong, independent women to challenge the incumbents.  To me, these would have the most potential to be winning candidates! 

Posted : 14/08/2021 2:25 pm
True42
(@true42)
Reputable Member

I see Kamala Harris as the opposite of a strong leader.  If you can believe what we read, she built her political career not on her own merit, but rather who she was sleeping with.

I've never read that, outside of online comments by professional wrestling (i.e. Trump) fans and incels.

"Slut shaming" has never been cool. It's 2021. Cut it out.

Posted : 14/08/2021 7:38 pm
James52
(@james52)
Topic starter

@true42 

I think you missed my point.  There is no question that Harris had an affair with Willie Brown.  You can read about that in the San Francisco Chronicle and many other mainstream news sources. But that’s not important and not anyone’s business.  What is important is that while Harris was engaged in the relationship with Brown he appointed her to two high-paying state board positions, one of which she had no experience and was not qualified to hold.  

Contrast Harris, who most agree is in way over her head, with smart, strong women who have achieved success based on their own merit and hard work.  These women are respected and people follow them.  We don’t respect or follow those who cut corners, male or female.  

Posted : 15/08/2021 9:06 am
True42
(@true42)
Reputable Member

I think you missed my point.

That is indeed possible.

The poisonous climate over the past few years has been very hard for me to accept as a new "normal". It has seemed like "the crazies" and their craziness are more infectious than COVID.

I do not know Kamala Harris, and I do not feel qualified to discuss her credentials, expertise, or success on the job, but I do know that claiming that she only got her jobs or got ahead because she "put out" is not something that I would accept someone saying about any woman, of any party. There's some saying about extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence, and I think that such a requirement should apply in this case; lacking explicit evidence, the corresponding claim has no business being repeated.

Posted : 15/08/2021 10:31 am
James52
(@james52)
Topic starter

@true42 

Fair enough true42.  

I will share a quote that is most appropriate, if not for this specific topic, is certainly appropriate for this blog:

“Everything in the world is about sex, except sex.  Sex is about power.”  

- Oscar Wilde

Posted : 15/08/2021 11:20 am
true42, true42 and true42 reacted

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement