CHERRY KEEPER

5 Posts
3 Users
9 Likes
Bob
 Bob
(@bob)
Topic starter

I've been wearing a Cherry Keeper the past 3 months and I have to say after trying many devices I like it the best. Its made from medical grade nylon and is very light.

Posted : 12/06/2020 2:02 pm
Bernarnold
(@bernarnold)

I was just checking that one out. How do you like it? It looks a lot more open to air circulation and therefore more hygienic than most non-metal devices. It also looks light weight and low profile which I find to be a drawback with many of the metal devices. I’m thinking it might be the best of both. Is it comfortable, secure, durable, etc.? I’d be interested to hear your experience with it. 

Posted : 13/06/2020 11:02 am
Headtrip
(@headtrip)
Trusted Member

I have one (actually several pieces) that I use when travelling (clearly not at the moment).  Pros: light weight and easy to customize.  JosieLynn Jewell will work with you.  Cons: plastic flexes more than steel (it has been a challenge for me to get a secure fit that doesnt pinch or chafe).  Also: this plastic is pourus and can get smelly.  Fixed that by sanding, painting w Cyanoacrylate (Superglue) then very fine sanding. 

Very reasonable cost for a custom product so I recommend trying.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Headtrip

Posted : 14/06/2020 11:46 am
Bernarnold
(@bernarnold)

Hey! Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the info. That’s to bad that the material is porous. How flexible is the material? More than other plastic devices? Is the chafing worse than other materials? 

Advertisement

Posted : 14/06/2020 12:17 pm
Headtrip
(@headtrip)
Trusted Member

I tried a few knockoff Holy Trainers and they flexed much worse - and broke.  I think the Cherry Keeper is much better (just cant touch steel).

The superglue trick worked well (take care on your fingers and dont forget a fine sanding once dry).  Wore it for a week after with no odor, etc.  Im just having a hard time getting the gap right.

Posted : 19/06/2020 10:04 pm

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement