This Might Seem Like I'm Throwing Shade

9 Posts
4 Users
27 Likes
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

But I'm not, I promise.  I just thought it was profound;

If a man sleeps with two women, they will soon realize that he does not belong to either one of them"

-   Agatha Christie

Posted : 11/11/2021 12:56 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

Posted by: @subhubphx

But I'm not, I promise.  I just thought it was profound;

If a man sleeps with two women, they will soon realize that he does not belong to either one of them"

-   Agatha Christie

All that said, there is also this:

"Marriage must fight constantly against a monster that devours everything:   Routine"

Advertisement

-   Honore de Balzac

Posted : 11/11/2021 1:10 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

That makes sense and doesn't feel like you are throwing shade at all. I find the female with two males to be a far more natural and sustainable synergy than a male with two females. Regardless of gender mix, getting three persons to be at the same wavelength is flippin' difficult. Kev and I find that men are very interested in this sort of thing in terms of pure fantasy but not as an actual relationship. Finding a third was a wonderful experience but was probably the perfect combination of timing (pandemic) and personalities. 

Posted : 11/11/2021 2:29 pm
nevertoolate, subhubphx, nevertoolate and 3 people reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

That makes sense and doesn't feel like you are throwing shade at all. I find the female with two males to be a far more natural and sustainable synergy than a male with two females. Regardless of gender mix, getting three persons to be at the same wavelength is flippin' difficult. Kev and I find that men are very interested in this sort of thing in terms of pure fantasy but not as an actual relationship. Finding a third was a wonderful experience but was probably the perfect combination of timing (pandemic) and personalities. 

I believe that for the Agatha Christie quote to entirely valid, no the gender, it would have to assume that the one sleeping with two would have to want the same depth and type of love from both.  I fully understand that ethical non-monogamy is something entirely different.

Posted : 11/11/2021 3:04 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j   Alternatively, the quote from Honore de Balzac sums up the benefit of ethical non-monogamy nicely, don't you think?

Amy Schumer Television Gif

Posted : 11/11/2021 3:23 pm
Emma, Emma and Emma reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

@subhubphx I sure do!

Friends With Benefits Love Gif By Liebesleben

Posted : 12/11/2021 11:23 am
Soundsofdelight
(@soundsofdelight)
Estimable Member

Emma, Subhubphx,

The UK and USA; two countries separated by a common language.

I've learned something reading this thread. I hadn't the foggiest what you were talking about, having no idea what 'throwing shade' meant. After some in-depth research I've learned something - just have to find out what gas lighting is now.

Posted : 12/11/2021 11:59 am
subhubphx, Dave, subhubphx and 3 people reacted
Stevesub
(@stevesub)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j 

I find it's often difficult just to stay on the same wavelength as myself!

Posted : 15/11/2021 3:59 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

Posted by: @soundsofdelight

just have to find out what gas lighting is now.

That's some funny stuff my friend.

Posted : 16/11/2021 2:41 pm

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement