14 Posts
3 Users
15 Likes
Emma
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Added a chat room! Let me know what you think. Come say hi.

Clicky clicky!

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Emma

Posted : 30/11/2021 8:26 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Would love to come by and hi but it says "You are not allowed to enter the chat".  Am I doing something wrong?

Posted : 30/11/2021 1:19 pm
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@subhubphx 

That was my fault. Sorry ? 

Advertisement

Fixed now!

Posted : 30/11/2021 1:54 pm
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Well that was short lived. The chat slowed the site down and the webhost told me that I need to upgrade my plan if we want to have chat. It worked fine when it was just me chatting for the last couple days but once we have 5 or 10 people it freaks out. Sorry it didn't work out for now but I'll hold onto it for now and maybe I can afford to upgrade the hosting plan in the future. At least I know how to set it up now!

Sorry to squash everyone's hopes and dreams. Haha

Posted : 30/11/2021 3:24 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j   That's what we do here ... try new things, right?  I for one appreciate the idea and the effort.  Maybe some day.  Maybe even sooner than later if members get on the Patreon train.  ? 

Conor Mckenna Fah Gif By Foilarmsandhog

Posted : 30/11/2021 3:29 pm
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@subhubphx haha so true. And pay attention to the "supporter" under people's forum names to give them a virtual fist bump for supporting the site.

Power Fist Bump Gif

Posted : 30/11/2021 3:53 pm
Lockedforlynn
(@lockedforlynn)
Trusted Member

I think there was/is more going on with the site that could be a root cause for Chat not working.  

F12, Lighthouse??

Edit:  Ah I see now the hosting company confirmed.

Posted : 30/11/2021 4:16 pm
Lockedforlynn
(@lockedforlynn)
Trusted Member

Chat room (Server) for free on Discord.  I've tried a few servers around the topic of this site and either got kicked off or had a horrible leveling system of NSFW introduction channels before you got to talk about what you wanted to talk about.

I don't mean to redirect anyone away from here but free service....

Posted : 30/11/2021 4:21 pm
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Discord is a good idea, I use that for some video gaming chats. When I get some more time to mess with it I'll try to add a discord widget of some kind to the website. Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even think of using discord. 

Posted : 01/12/2021 9:00 am
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I found a way to embed a discord but I don't know if I can add it to the sidebar in the forum like I did previously. I'll have to play with it when I have more time. Feel free to try it out. Thanks for the tip @lockedforlynn

https://www.evolvingyourman.com/chat-room/

Posted : 01/12/2021 9:35 am
LocknKey, nevertoolate, LocknKey and 3 people reacted
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I added it to the menu bar and to the forum's sidebar. Does anyone know what to do with CSS? It looks like that is the only way I can get the colors to match the rest of the site. I don't know where to start with these directions.

Posted : 03/12/2021 11:49 am
Lockedforlynn
(@lockedforlynn)
Trusted Member

I do know about CSS (Style sheets or themes) and understand the instructions but I'm not sure how far you went.  From these instructions you need to join their Titan Discord server.  Make the ask like Gino below and then....  It'll show up in your dashboard as an open slot.  I believe you'll have a .css file for this main site and to copy that into the .css slot page is what I'm thinking.

Before you can start implementing your custom CSS, you first need to obtain a so called "CSS slot". Each slot allows you to upload your custom CSS code to it. There are two ways of obtaining a CSS slot. * A free CSS slot given by an administrator, which can be obtained by asking one on the Titan Embeds Discord server. * A CSS slot you bought with Titan Tokens, which can be obtained by donating through PayPal or Patreon. After you have obtained a CSS slot, it will show up on your dashboard.

https://discord.gg/Fd27kUXa

Support channel.

7:07 PM gino: 

Hello! Is this the place to ask for custom CSS to be enabled? @HELP

7:08 PM EndenDragon: 

That is correct! Custom css has been enabled for your account. You may find it under your user dashboard.

Posted : 04/12/2021 12:41 pm
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@lockedforlynn 

I've done everything above and I didn't see the option of the css but hadn't requested it because I wasn't sure what to do with the css file once it was enabled. Do I just copy the css file from the website? I just enabled it from titanembeds so maybe it will have some instructions once they enable that.

Posted : 05/12/2021 2:29 pm
Emma
 Emma
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

This seems to be working pretty well so far. I see some activity, what do you think? Do you like having an EYM chat room? If you haven't tried it, give it a shot!

Posted : 22/12/2021 6:29 am

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement