13 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Due to a huge influx of fake site registrations from Russia, I am blocking any registrations with email addresses that end in .ru

Sorry to any real readers from Russia. You are welcome here but please use a different email address if you wish to register for the site.

Posted : 18/09/2020 8:48 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Oh boy ..... I don't think banning Russia will impact your market reach much.  ? 

Posted : 18/09/2020 9:13 am
Dharmaproject
(@dharmaproject)
Trusted Member

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the site? I’ve had to reset my password because I get a message that says “invalid nonce” but if I go through the reset your password option I can reset my password to the same password and get in? Did you have to increase security due to the Russians?

Posted : 21/09/2020 7:25 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@dharmaproject

Advertisement

I had that same problem a couple of days ago.  When I was having my issue, I would get that same message when I logged in on my desktop computer, but had no problem logging in on my phone.  Then, all of a sudden it fixed itself somehow? 

Wtf is a Nonce anyway?

Posted : 21/09/2020 7:33 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

No idea what a nonce is but it sounds like an abbreviation for nonsense so I'll chock it up to that. Any IT people know what  a nonce is?

Posted : 21/09/2020 10:35 am
Jd
 jd
(@jd)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

i am not an IT person but did have the same experience as SubHub, could sign on with my phone but on my desktop I could and would get the message “invalid nonce.” A quick read on the internets tells me that it’s a cryptographic term that stands for a “number used once.” Transactions, sign ins or other events are assigned unique numbers that prove their originality. A page pertaining to wordpress said that the error message occurs usually as a result of a poorly coded “plugin” or “theme” Being added to the site so Emma if you added a plug in in the last 48hours it could have something to do with it. Likewise, I would be a bit suspicious that there may be more going on than meets the untrained eye. Recent ad service issues, multiple new Russian accounts and now strange error messages occurring with attempts at legitimate sign ins. I will try again when I’m home tonight to see if it is reproducible. I’m inclined to see these things as connected. 

JD

Posted : 21/09/2020 12:56 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@jd

Im counting on you old friend. Only able to sign in on mobile. My “nonce” appears to be invalid again signing on from my desk top.   Save us @jd!

Posted : 21/09/2020 2:36 pm
Jd
 jd
(@jd)
Estimable Member

Emma

https://wordpress.org/search/Invalid+nonce

there are a bunch of Wordpress users that have this problem. It seems that at least  for some it started when they began using a plug in called “Ultimate Member” though I think other plugins are referenced as causing this problem at times.

if you sort inquiries by date you’ll see that a few bloggers have written in with this problem in the last 1-2 weeks

jd

Posted : 21/09/2020 3:00 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@jd

You big stud!  ? ? 

Posted : 21/09/2020 3:22 pm
Dharmaproject
(@dharmaproject)
Trusted Member

Well I’m no longer getting the invalid nonce alert when I log on. 

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:10 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I used the info above and removed cache from the login pages. Don't hold your breath but I'm hoping that it worked. ok. Hold your breath. Thanks @JD!

This is the other thing I thought of when I saw nonce.

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:47 pm
Vikter, Vikter and Vikter reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

Don't hold your breath but I'm hoping that it worked. ok. Hold your breath.

Seems to have done the trick.  Thanks for working on this.  *breath being held

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:50 pm
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

I used the info above and removed cache from the login pages. Don't hold your breath but I'm hoping that it worked. ok. Hold your breath. Thanks @JD!

This is the other thing I thought of when I saw nonce.

I'm not really into breath play. But thanks lol. I also didn't have any issues, but all of my logins (barring the Kenny variety)  are from a phone.

Boy I am punchy... must be all the cool fall air right now.

Posted : 22/09/2020 4:23 am

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement