18 Posts
6 Users
69 Likes
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

It would be nice to be able to look at a guy/couple and know if he is locked. I like to see a woman with a key necklace and unless it is a key design that clearly is a chastity key, I often wonder if they are a chastity couple. What they do is none of my business but for those who want to share their status to other knowing couples, it would be neat to have a common thing for us to all share. Most guys don't wear necklaces, clothing would be too difficult and you aren't going to be wearing your "I'm locked in chastity" hat everywhere you go.

I was thinking something more discrete like a certain color of ring or maybe a ring engraved with a key emoji.

This company makes them, but they don't allow emojis for their custom rings.

https://groovelife.com/collections/custom-engraved-silicone-rings

Again, other people's sex lives are really none of my business but I'd love to know how prevalent chastity is becoming. Our website traffic for searches related to chastity have exploded over the last few months so something seems to be taking off.

Advertisement

Posted : 02/09/2020 12:53 pm
Vikter, subhubphx, jd and 6 people reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

I've wanted and hoped for a nice, non-offense subtle way for reasonable, seemingly vanilla but like minded people to be able to demonstrate their lifestyle to other like minded people.  You're right Emma, my "My wife holds the key to my cock cage" t-shirt isn't subtle enough to avoid unwanted scrutiny.  Ms. K. and I always wonder out if a woman wearing a key on a chain around her neck is a keyholder as well.  I don't think that a simple acknowledgement of a chastity couple would infringe too much into someone else's sex life.  I'd wonder, yes, but would never really know.  

Perhaps in the next Executive Staff meeting at World Headquarters over at Evolving Your Man Enterprises, a custom design for members for purchase could be discussed.  How awesome would it be to be happily bumping along in our otherwise normal lives, and recognize an official EYM Logo on a man's ring, or around a woman's neck?  Holy shit, I can could only imagine how great that would be.  I'd absolutely buy one and wear it proudly!  

With that in mind, where does everyone live?  Not your address of course, but what city/state/country?  OK, I'll start ... My Wife and I live in Phoenix, Arizona!  See, that was easy.

Posted : 02/09/2020 1:30 pm
Jd
 jd
(@jd)
Estimable Member

I wonder whether there are any reasonable proxies that would be quantified already by marketing types, like growth in sales of particularly popular and mass produced cages, or aggregate growth of sales of chastity devices at the top 10 adult toy websites.

Alternately perhaps we could all chip in and purchase the last few of these items still available on EBay, distribute them to EYM forum members, and have each do field research. Kind of like when field biologists go into the bush and count endangered species (think snow leopards, ivory-billed woodpeckers, mountain gorillas). Sometimes there is good news to be found that threatened populations are on the rise. Plus it would just be fun to have the glasses wouldn’t it.

JD 

Posted : 02/09/2020 1:36 pm
Emma, subhubphx, Emma and 3 people reacted
Jd
 jd
(@jd)
Estimable Member

@subhubphx

Boston. 
A map with pins in it would be sort of cool.

Posted : 02/09/2020 1:39 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

There's some cool website plugins to do that sort of thing. I need to figure out how to get the advertising thing licked so I can afford to put money back into the site. 

User Locations Wordpress Member Directory

Posted : 02/09/2020 2:18 pm
subhubphx, jd, subhubphx and 3 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I am learning as I go but running a website is a fun hobby. Less expensive and dangerous than skydiving I suppose.

Also. Kev and I currently live in Las Vegas

Posted : 02/09/2020 2:20 pm
Vikter, subhubphx, Vikter and 3 people reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

I need to figure out how to get the advertising thing licked so I can afford to put money back into the site

Depending on how big you want the site to be, and if you are contemplating the potential for this to turn into something that can pay for itself (at least) or even better, generate some decent revenue, yup, you'll need to peer into the rabbit hole of advertising and marketing.  This is unique in that it requires "membership" to participate, which in and of itself attracts a more discerning viewer.  When people arrive at the site for the first time as a lurker, they either appreciate the intellectual (but still fun) content provide and the cool features of the site.  If, when they arrive for the first time, they are either looking for wanking material, or they are seeking meaningful information that helps them in their individual journey of making their relationships better through semen retention through orgasm control and chastity.  I know when I first arrived, I was hooked for reasons similar to the reasons you, I and so many others loved flr101.com and Yoga Girl (RIP).  

Word of mouth is a great way to start and it's free.  Clearly your members are big supporters of you and this site and as such are likely willing to tell others about, if they haven't been already, the joy they have found here.  I, for example, put a new recent post on a humble little blog that I have, solely for the purpose of encouraging people to check out your site … because I knew they would love it when they got here.  

Instagram - Facebook - YouTube, etc.  I know those places can be tricky to navigate when trying to differentiate oneself from the riff raff there. You already seem to know how control things in your world and keep the barrier for entry high enough to weed out undesirable members.  

How about Merch?  I'd buy EYM merchandise.

Growth through promotion can be daunting to think about going forward.  In the end, you'll end up doing it right because you're than kind of leader.

Posted : 03/09/2020 6:02 am
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

Ever been to the lucky 38? Ah New Vegas...

I also want to go to Drive Tanks in vegas so bad... You can use all kinds of WW2 weapons and artillery. 

As for where I live, I shall leave that to my boy Calvin. 

Edit, also Baltimore. 

Posted : 03/09/2020 7:25 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@vikter

Lucky 38? Someone has been playing too much fallout!

@subhubphx

I tried advertising and it didn't really work. Maybe I can take another stab at it. EYM merch is an interesting idea. I don't really have any art talent but Andrew does. I might be able to ask him to try a few designs. I don't really want to do much on Facebook or Instragram. I just don't have time for it, I'd rather focus on typing out my sometimes maniacal thoughts. Any volunteers? 

Posted : 03/09/2020 8:27 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

Think of it terms of marketing instead of just advertising.  Marketing is a thing of course which includes advertising.

I get it … Facebook and ID would likely turn into a huge time suck.  Just throwing out ideas.  What kind of volunteers do you have in mind?

Posted : 03/09/2020 8:41 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@subhubphx Volunteer marketing manager? Haha. Honestly I don't really care that much. I also don't want to attract the wrong people. I think that is part of why yogagirl's blog went the way of the dodo. The comments were not constructive like they are on this site. We've been lucky in attracting people that really want to build each other up rather than criticize. I remember feeling some real compassion for the defensive responses that Yoga had to craft. 

Bummer really. I can see that being intensely demotivating.

Posted : 03/09/2020 9:19 am
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

Do you still have the delivery job from your Miss Me? blog. Maybe just start dropping flyers or spare cages around town. It's all about the viral marketing these days lol.

That's the extent of my marketing ideas, never really was my area. Let me know if you ChastiCon catered though. I can cook for everyone.

Posted : 03/09/2020 9:47 am
Emma, subhubphx, Emma and 3 people reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

I also don't want to attract the wrong people. I think that is part of why yogagirl's blog went the way of the dodo. The comments were not constructive like they are on this site. We've been lucky in attracting people that really want to build each other up rather than criticize.

Understood and I agree.  Nobody here would like to see this sit go the way of Yoga Girl and the dodo and attracting an unwanted element that wants to criticize and judge others.  One of the things I love about how you manage this site is that those kind of people come to the conclusion on their own to leave because you leave with two options … get on board and behave or leave, and that sentiment is clearly widely supported by your members.  Speaking for myself (and maybe even others), none of us want to see this thing to become so unwieldy for you that it and you (and Kev) goes away.

EYM Merch?  Now that would be awesome!!  If it should come to fruition, could be a great way for some of us in the flock to be able to answer the question posed by this forum post "How can I tell if they are locked?".  I mentioned it somewhere how exciting it would be to randomly run into a fellow member of this flock simply by seeing a nice EYM ring or necklace or ???  

Thanks for all you do!

Posted : 03/09/2020 10:25 am
Emma, Vikter, Emma and 3 people reacted
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

Additional thought, reach out to manufacturers. I know you said in the past you wanted to do more reviews. That might be a good way to open some advertising conversations. Also perhaps an updated or expanded recommendation area or a partnered store. If you have a local toy shop maybe see if they would be cool with you posting on a community board. 

Posted : 03/09/2020 1:00 pm
Jd
 jd
(@jd)
Estimable Member

Ok, Here is an idea that brings together "how can I tell" with revenue and merchandising.

Special EYM chastity cages with blue-tooth technology, linking them to the EYM phone apps for wearers and keyholders (different apps). Registered users purchase a cage, download the apps and appear as anonymous dots on the map above. Proximity algorithms could message via the app when other members are near and members could reveal themselves if they chose to.

Variations on this theme could become an industry standard...

I might then feel pressured by FOMO to get such a cage.

JD

PS: I already do feel this way.

Posted : 03/09/2020 1:21 pm
Page 1 / 2

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement