19 Posts
7 Users
42 Likes
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I found an ad network that agreed to work with the site and enabled one ad. Let me know what your experience is with ads, I'd love if you would click one or two for me. They have different styles of ads and I want to find the least intrusive type that I can. 

Let me know what you think. If it gets in the way, I am willing to remove them and try something else.

Posted : 12/09/2020 5:50 pm
Brian
(@brian)
Estimable Member

Hello Emma,

I turned off my add blocker for your site and am getting various slideins saying things like Safari, Adobe etc are out of date and to click to fix type thing. Not sure if it's anything to do with the add provider but if it is, it feels a little sketchy given my stuff is up to date. Haven't seen any normal adds yet.

As to adds in general on the site, I'm not a big fan but totally get that the site should pay for itself. I'm very grateful you took the time to assemble and contribute to it.

Advertisement

Best.

Posted : 12/09/2020 7:07 pm
Emma, Emma and Emma reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Thank you. I haven't seen anything misleading (fake updates etc) yet but I won't want anything like that on the site.

The popup it has on mobile is really annoying too. Bear with me over the next day or two. 

Posted : 12/09/2020 7:44 pm
Brian, Brian and Brian reacted
Jd
 jd
(@jd)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

Emma 

I sent you an email regarding the pop ups. Now it makes sense. It’s not the last blog post regarding pegging,  it’s the agent you contracted with to provide advertising.

JD

Posted : 12/09/2020 8:14 pm
Emma, Emma and Emma reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I've also hidden all ads for logged-in users too for now so if you are registered user, you shouldn't see anything. I may tweak that but didn't want to inconvenience you all too much while i try and get this sorted out.

Posted : 12/09/2020 8:41 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Alright, ads are still only enabled for users that aren't logged in and they are clearly marked as "this is an advertisement" just in case. I'll probably leave it like it is for a few days and see how things go. Let me know if you see any weirdness!

Posted : 12/09/2020 10:08 pm
C_S
 C_s
(@c_s)

Bonjour, attention si vous n’êtes pas connecté une redirection automatique empêche l’apparition du site, en l’état si aucun compte n’est créé alors l’accès au site est impossible.

Posted : 13/09/2020 2:21 am
Brian
(@brian)
Estimable Member

I'm seeing that too C_s. My iPhone which isn't logged in is getting redirected to a site telling me I have 40 seconds to click an install button or viruses will wipe the phone out. Its phishing for sure. Don't click on it.

Posted : 13/09/2020 7:42 am
C_s, C_s and C_s reacted
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

My android phone, which is logged in, could not reach the forum at all without adblock. I got a screen locking 5 billionth google search reward ad. Blog area worked fine though. 

Posted : 13/09/2020 9:58 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Ugh! I am so sorry about this everyone. This company told me that they wouldn't show scam ads and would remove any ads that I didn't like. I've completely severed my relationship with them and the ads are removed from the site until I find a better partner. I really apologize. The company name is Adsterra and they are zero stars. Never. Ever. Ever.

I know you put your trust in me to provide a site that is safe from this type of thing and I let you down on this one for sure.

Posted : 13/09/2020 12:04 pm
Vikter, Vikter and Vikter reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

no worries my dear. We’re all in it with you. Is it safe to return?

Posted : 13/09/2020 12:13 pm
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

You are trying to help something grow. That takes time and mistakes happen. Like you have mentioned in the past you like to dive into things and then pull back to observe. Pattern still checks out, and the communication resolved the issues. 

It's almost like talking about things works. Have you tried a blog about how people should communicate with each other.

Wait...  : p

Posted : 13/09/2020 12:27 pm
Brian
(@brian)
Estimable Member

@vikter Say it isn't so. Talking about things resolves things? Who would have guessed.

@emma All good. Super grateful to you for providing this slice of the pie.

Posted : 13/09/2020 12:37 pm
subhubphx, Emma, Vikter and 6 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @subhubphx

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

no worries my dear. We’re all in it with you. Is it safe to return?

Yep. I've disabled all ads and severed my relationship with that shit company.

Posted : 13/09/2020 1:19 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @vikter

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

You are trying to help something grow. That takes time and mistakes happen. Like you have mentioned in the past you like to dive into things and then pull back to observe. Pattern still checks out, and the communication resolved the issues. 

It's almost like talking about things works. Have you tried a blog about how people should communicate with each other.

Wait...  : p

That literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks so much everyone for being a good sport about this. I appreciate you all.

Posted : 13/09/2020 1:20 pm
Vikter, Vikter and Vikter reacted
Page 1 / 2

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement