Direct contact

18 Posts
6 Users
21 Likes
Benny22
(@benny22)
Topic starter

Hi,

Is there a chance to contact directly another forum user? I was looking for a proper option or button but I can't find any ? 

Posted : 04/05/2021 12:20 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

That would be a nice feature that a member to opt in to if they were inclined to want to receive private message from other users.  I could see how not everyone would want to.

Posted : 04/05/2021 6:39 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Yeah, I disabled it because I was concerned about harassment. Perhaps I should reconsider this feature. What does everyone think?

Posted : 04/05/2021 10:36 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: @subhubphx

That would be a nice feature that a member to opt in to if they were inclined to want to receive private message from other users.  I could see how not everyone would want to.

I don't think I can make it an opt-in feature. Its either enabled for everyone or not. Although maybe I can figure out a way to do this.

Advertisement

Posted : 04/05/2021 10:37 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

What does everyone think?

I like the idea!

Posted : 04/05/2021 11:19 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Ok I turned it back on, hopefully it doesn't get abused. Please let me know if you see anyone abusing it.

You should now see Messages in the forum menu now, let me know if you don't see it!

Posted : 04/05/2021 11:51 am
benny22, benny22 and benny22 reacted
Benny22
(@benny22)
Topic starter

I think the problem of potential abuse can be solved by blocking users who do so. I believe there should be such option/possibility. Thank you @Emma for turning it back on. Are there any prerequisites to send private messages like required number of forum posts sent earlier? When trying to send PM to one of forum users I get the message: "You are not allowed to write a message yet."

This post was modified 3 years ago by benny22

Posted : 04/05/2021 11:57 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: @benny22

Are there any prerequisites to send private messages like required number of forum posts sent earlier? When trying to send PM to one of forum users I get the message: "You are not allowed to write a message yet."

Yes, it requires that you've posted 5 times.

I also added a sidebar to the forum because it was difficult to see if you have any unread messages. Sorry about the test messages I did to your account @subhubphx

Posted : 04/05/2021 12:16 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

Sorry about the test messages I did to your account @subhubphx

No worries Emma.  Guinea pig away!

Posted : 04/05/2021 12:23 pm
Effort
(@effort)

Seems like a good idea to me!

Posted : 04/05/2021 1:14 pm
Mstara
(@mstara)
Honorable Member

Only time will tell as to how the function is used but I do hope that if anyone messages me avoid the 'hi' message and nothing else. 
Perhaps some simple guidelines might be appropriate?

Posted : 06/05/2021 9:19 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

@mstara  Totally agree @mstara.  Time wasters and creepers will kill this thing faster than anything I think.  I think it will be great but it needs to benefit the people talking to each other, otherwise .......

Posted : 06/05/2021 10:40 am
Kiefer
(@kiefer)
Eminent Member

I like the little side bar but now the forum window is quite narrow with white space on the sides. Can you expand it so it uses my whole screen? It looks fine on the phone.

Posted : 06/05/2021 3:29 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

@kiefer 

I don't know but I can certainly try. If I have to do any coding or anything like that, I won't be able to do it but if I can figure it out through another method then I should be able to fix it. I use my laptop most of the time and it looks fine on there because my screen is like 13 or 14 inches but on Kev's gaming computer I see what you mean. I will give it a try!

Posted : 06/05/2021 3:44 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

I think I did it, what does everyone think? It is definitely going to take some getting used to but the white bars are gone from the sides.

Posted : 06/05/2021 4:10 pm
mstara, Brian, subhubphx and 6 people reacted
Page 1 / 2

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement