Some science geek type stuff

12 Posts
5 Users
39 Likes
Spinpole2001
(@spinpole2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I found this story on the Aeon.com website( I'm a huge science geek what can i say). I thought some of you may find it interesting too.

https://aeon.co/essays/tantric-sex-promises-healthy-bliss-what-does-the-science-say

Posted : 08/02/2020 6:37 am
wayland, Spfccmt, Emma and 9 people reacted
Jc5200
(@jc5200)
Trusted Member

Thanks for sharing, this was quite eye opening. So much of everything in the west seems so damn rushed. It is such a good idea to slow things down and not be so quick to get the act of sex to a climax. Great read.

Posted : 10/02/2020 11:46 am
spinpole2001, Emma, spinpole2001 and 3 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

This is a great read. I haven't commented until now but I've read it three times.

Posted : 12/02/2020 11:44 am
Spinpole2001
(@spinpole2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Im glad to be adding things that people enjoy! Here is a bit more about Coitus Reservatus but much more Tantric centered

Advertisement

http://pureaffair.com/coitus-reservatus/

Posted : 15/02/2020 6:14 am
Spinpole2001
(@spinpole2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

And to solidify my rep as a nerd, here is another article on how chemistry can affect our brains in a relationship!

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2020/2/7/21113696/drugs-love-molly-shrooms-mdma-oxytocin

Posted : 15/02/2020 8:58 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: @spinpole2001

And to solidify my rep as a nerd, here is another article on how chemistry can affect our brains in a relationship!

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2020/2/7/21113696/drugs-love-molly-shrooms-mdma-oxytocin

This is really interesting. I heard they are using mushrooms for PTSD. I've certainly had PTSD from past relationships.

Posted : 13/08/2020 3:38 pm
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

John's Hopkins University has been doing limited testing for PTSD and a few other psychosis treatments for about 2 years now. From the bit I have read they are very effective when combined with a therapist doing a guided trip. Without the right setting and guidance it can be hard to get into the headspace to make it effective. 

I have also found that specifically selecting the right cannabis strains can be useful in the right situations. I will select different ones based on my needs at the time, some help with emotional expression others are better when I need to keep moving. 

General disclosure: I have medical card for my purposes and speak to a professional to help with the choices I make. Please be safe if that is not an option. 

Posted : 13/08/2020 4:24 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

@vikter

That is very interesting. Kevin and I both smoke recreationally and he has his medicinal card. Do you have any particular strains that you would recommend for closeness, intimacy or anything like that? We've both tried edibles but found it to be a much different experience due to the psychoactive characteristics which might actually be more interesting for these purposes.

Posted : 13/08/2020 5:20 pm
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

I have yet to try edibles from the store as I had some rough experiences before I got a card. I also just enjoy the taste of different flowers.

For sativa I have success with Sour diesel, which runs about 23% THC. Good as an uplifter for depression. Helps me be more energetic during the day. It also help me be more open emotionally. Teasing is horribly horribly effective. 

For indicas I prefer the Northern Lights, but can't get it most of the time. This helps for anxiety mostly and it can take edge off if I am getting frustrated (as in a longer lockup period). I don't use these much. 

I don't want to link drugs here obviously, not everyone feels the same about them. But the dispensary I use is in most medical states if you would like links I will email them. 

Posted : 14/08/2020 7:17 am
Spinpole2001
(@spinpole2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I'm such a nerd but here is an  interesting article on the male libido that i read!

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/the-weird-quirks-of-the-male-libido

Posted : 31/01/2021 5:41 am
Spfccmt
(@spfccmt)
Eminent Member

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4jthe idea that birth control changed a history of orgasm control is fascinating and makes so much sense. Great article. We are not so much explorers as historians. 

Posted : 26/03/2021 6:02 am
spinpole2001, Emma, spinpole2001 and 3 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

@spfccmt

You are so right. So much of science is history and putting different pieces of the past together to apply them to current events and issues. I saw this graph (attached) the other day and it made me think. Not sure about it's accuracy but it purports to show the scientific advance over time and the dark ages along with the burning of "heretical" books and libraries during that period. Not really related to anything but I found it simultaneously sad and fascinating.

Posted : 26/03/2021 9:02 am
spinpole2001, Spfccmt, subhubphx and 6 people reacted

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement