Clear all

Divorce Rate Soar 34% during Covid

8 Posts
5 Users
21 Likes
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

I just saw an article about divorce rates increasing by 34% during the pandemic.  It immediately occurred to me that if more couples were practicing the basic principals that are the essential core values of this blog, and meaningfully supported feelings among its participants, the divorce rate would be declining ... ESPECIALLY during, not in spite of a pandemic.  Emma has said it numerous times ... I wish more and more people were not entirely subject to societal norms when it comes to a loving relationship between two people.  Thoughts?

Here's a link to the otherwise boring but sad article if you have an interest: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8674001/Divorce-rates-America-soar-34-percent-COVID-19-pandemic.html

Posted : 29/08/2020 8:02 am
Herneeds
(@herneeds)
Eminent Member

Interesting. I expected something like that but never saw stats backing it up. Thanks.

I don't know how we get chastity from the world of fringe taboo to something closer to a societal norm. 

Advertisement

Posted : 29/08/2020 12:18 pm
Vikter
(@vikter)
Estimable Member

There have also been spikes in domestic violence during the same period. Don't have an article on hand I  find one in a bit. 

Posted : 29/08/2020 12:20 pm
Ruined-Julie
(@ruined-julie)
Reputable Member

It is certain that, unfortunately, many couples just live under the same roof and cross each other throughout the year. In fact, the pandemic having imposed a common life 7/7 24/24 for more than 2 months, I am not surprised.
I remember seeing a survey indicating that 20% of respondents saw their spouse/cohabitant only as a "roommate". Under these conditions, 34% more divorces don't seem illogical.

Posted : 31/08/2020 3:04 am
b, subhubphx, b and 3 people reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

@ruined-julie

It doesn't seem illogical at all under those circumstances.  Clearly though, that percentage would (might) be miniscule if only more (most) people were able to know and understand the lifestyle of orgasm control and chastity so expertly discussed here. 

Posted : 31/08/2020 7:14 am
Ruined-Julie
(@ruined-julie)
Reputable Member

@subhubphx

I don't quite agree with you. I think the biggest problem is communication. A lot of couples don't communicate, or communicate poorly. But living with someone you are supposed to love for 2 months and realizing that you have nothing to say to him or her, apart from trivialities that you can discuss with the neighbor, must seriously lead to questioning.

Chastity in a dysfunctional couple will not make this couple harmonious...

Posted : 31/08/2020 7:47 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

@ruined-julie  

I apologize for not being clear.  I completely agree about your communication comment.  I believe that in nearly every conflict in the history of the world, it started with lack of communication on some level.  With that in mind, I was trying to imply that if those couples that found themselves in a state turmoil now, had been aware of and communicated about the benefits of enforced chastity and orgasm control in their relationship earlier, they'd be better equipped to not only survive but thrive in something that thrusts people together like this pandemic.  I agree, Chastity merely inserted in an already dysfunctional relationship would not likely work.  

Posted : 31/08/2020 8:41 am
Restrainedlove
(@restrainedlove)
Reputable Member

No doubt. COVID is hard. With three little ones, I feel lucky to be able to work from home. It feels like a constant effort to manage the household with two people. Constant communication is key. COVID has freed me from commuting time and made impromptu conversations easy to have. While it is stressful, it is very likely improving our marriage.

A more recent article said:

"A new study reveals a 21 percent increase in couples initiating divorce in 2021 over 2020.

Inequalities in domestic chores are not new. Before COVID-19 hit, women were already doing twice the amount of household labor as men—regardless of whether they worked outside of the home full-time, were the main breadwinners or had children. The pandemic piled on a lot more, especially for those with kids.

Women take on the greater share of childcare when children are home all day—an emotionally and physically exhausting experience for many, but especially for those trying to also balance other jobs. Childcare involves the often-invisible labor of managing all things school and daycare-related."

Posted : 22/02/2022 4:01 pm

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement